As the months passing on, pregnant woman may notice constant pain and cramps. There are many changes in the body and you may feel pain in different parts of the body. These cramps are common in pregnancy and rest is needed for this. Cramp is a kind of severe pain due to the contractions in the muscle and it last for few seconds to minutes. As these cramps are common, there are some reasons due to these cramps during pregnancy:
These kinds of pains will go naturally and sometimes spray that reduces mild muscle cramps is also helpful. These cramps would generally appear at the second month and lasts up to labor. These cramps are usually occurring due to the changes in the uterus in the first trimester. In the second trimester, the uterine expands as large as possible and lead to abdominal cramp. In the third trimester, abdominal cramps mainly occur due to the labor. Leg cramps are most common in the third trimester due to the gain of extra weight. There are mainly three types of cramps that every pregnant woman may feel during pregnancy:
Abdominal pain is the general remainder in every pregnancy and this pain may be mild and sharp and begins in the first trimester. Back pain followed by abdominal pain is a risk of premature birth. Sometimes symptoms like swelling, puffiness and edema due to preeclampsia. Abdominal pain can be caused due to eating aggravated foods.
Back pain is the result of baby growing and this is mainly happens at the second trimester. Lower back pain and pelvic pain are the most common types of back pain.
Lower back pain:
This pain is above the waist line and exactly at the back center. This pain will increases with prolonged postures like standing, sitting etc.
This pain generally causes below the waist line and it is more severe than lower back pain. This pain could be at the both sides of the waist line.
This feeling is felt especially at night and starts from the second trimester and becomes worse with the coming due date.
Tips to prevent pains and cramps during pregnancy
- These pains can be reduced by doing low intensity exercises and for these exercises also, it is recommended to take permission from the doctor.
- It is easy to recognize exactly where the pain is by lying on a flat surface
- Use hot water bags to get relief from pain
- Pregnant body requires more fluids and sometimes pains are mainly due to dehydration. It is recommended to take at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Poor digestion and constipation also results in abdominal pains. Taking healthy and nutritious food can avoid the digestion problem.
- Take enough rest and avoid high intensity exercises to get rid from back pain
- Leg cramps may be reduced by avoiding crossing stand position and try some muscle relaxation exercises that give you relief.